MPost means Mobile Post office. It enables any mobile phone user to have his or her phone act like a mobile post office. It allows you to make your mobile number be a formal postal address. With it, you get access to Postal Services through your mobile phone.
- Enhance postal address penetration among the populace.
- Address the economic and unemployment challenges especially among the youth within the country
1. Convenience:- Once mail is received at the Post Office, an SMS notification is sent to the Phone and the mail can be delivered across the country.
2. Secure:- With Mobile based service communal sharing of boxes is eliminated hence enhancing security and privacy.
3. Affordability:- MPost is technologically driven and therefore riding on existing infrastructure. The virtual box costs Kshs300 per year.
4. Inclusion:- The ability to entrench addressing within a populace. With MPost, anyone with a phone number can own a virtual post office box.